If there's anything I've learned from being a beauty writer, it's that no one skincare ingredient fits all. Early on in my career, I fell into the trap of using trendy and buzzy products that weren't right for my skin, leading to painful blemishes. But my breakouts don't stand a chance against Renée Rouleau's tailored skincare line, a celebrity-loved brand that happens to be on sale to celebrate its 25th birthday.
Renée Rouleau, the person, is a sought-out skincare expert with a portfolio of celebrity clients, including Demi Lovato, Sabrina Carpenter, and Lili Reinhart. Rouleau's "one size does not fit all" approach to skincare means her products are crafted for specific skin types, and you can determine which of her nine (!) types you fall into by taking a quiz. I had one skincare goal in mind — fixing my constant blemish woes — so I went straight to the source, chatting with Rouleau via Instagram. She helped me land on the AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser, which reduces acne and unclogs pores that are inflamed.
Shop now: $30 (Originally $35), reneerouleau.com
I expected the formula to leave my skin dry, like other cleansers with alpha-hydroxy acids I tested in the past did. ("Many of my acne-prone patients believe that drying out their skin with harsh products is the key to stamping out acne," Dr. Michelle Henry, a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon in New York City, previously explained to InStyle.) Instead, it left my skin hydrated and clean. The formula also diminished scarring left over from the breakouts.
The cleanser's main ingredient is lactic acid, an organic AHA that gently exfoliates. In addition to lactic, salicylic and glycolic acids are present to soothe the skin and penetrate congested pores. There's also mangosteen peel extract, which is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
After consistent use, my skin cleared up in under a week, and the cleanser is now a staple in my skincare routine I've purchased repeatedly. Seriously, I can't stop praising its effective and visible results.
If you're looking for a cleanser to transform your acne-prone skin, head to Renée Rouleau to get the Blemish Control Cleanser while it's still on sale. And speaking of sale, keep scrolling to see what else you can get for glowing and clear skin at a discount right now.
Shop Renée Rouleau Skincare on Sale:
- Renée Rouleau Anti Bump Solution, $42 (Originally $49)
- Renée Rouleau BHA Clarifying Serum, $42 (Originally $49)
- Renée Rouleau Rapid Response Detox Mask, $55 (Originally $65)
- Renée Rouleau Skin Recovery Lotion, $37 (Originally $43)
- Renée Rouleau Toning Cloths, $13 (Originally $15)
- Renée Rouleau Triple Berry Smoothing Peel, $75 (Originally $88)
- Renée Rouleau Skin Correcting Serum, $39 (Originally $46)
- Renée Rouleau Post-Breakout Fading Gel, $35 (Originally $41)
- Renée Rouleau Pore +Wrinkle Perfecting Serum, $42 (Originally $49)
- Renée Rouleau Weightless Protection SPF 30, $49 (Originally $57)
- Renée Rouleau Rapid Response Detox Cleanser, $35 (Originally $41)
- Renée Rouleau Purifying Face Wash, $31 (Originally $36)
- Renée Rouleau AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser, $30 (Originally $35)
Source: Read Full Article