LIAM WILLIAMS finally gets his second shot at a world title when he takes on Demetrius Andrade this weekend.
The Welshman has looked emphatic as a middleweight and is now in a mandatory position to challenge for the WBO strap at 160lbs.
Andrade, however, believes himself to be one of the slickest boxers in the sport, and is aiming to remain undefeated.
When is Williams vs Andrade?
- William's clash with Andrade will take place on Saturday, April 17.
- The main card will get going from 8pm UK time, with Williams vs Andrade to begin at around 11pm.
- The fight will take place at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
- There will be no fans in attendance at the event because of coronavirus restrictions.
What channel is Williams vs Andrade and can it be live streamed?
- Williams vs Andrade will be shown live on DAZN UK.
- Click HERE to subscribe for £1.99 a month.
- Coverage of the event will get going from 8pm UK time.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for download onto your phone, tablet device and Smart TV.
Williams vs Andrade FULL CARD
- Demetrius Andrade vs Liam Williams, 12 rounds, for Andrade’s WBO middleweight title
- Carlos Gongora vs Christopher Pearson, 12 rounds, super middleweights
- Mahammadrasul Majidov vs Andrey Fedosov, 12 rounds, heavyweights
- Otha Jones III vs Jorge Castaneda, 8 rounds, lightweights
- Arthur Biyarslanov vs Israel Mercado, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
- Alexis Espino vs Ty McLeod, 6 rounds, super middleweights
- Aaron Aponte vs Javier Martinez, 4 rounds, junior welterweights
What have they said?
“When I win this fight, the options and opportunities are endless," Williams told SunSport. "And I am going to get the massive fights and massive paydays I deserve.
“I want to go on and make a massive name for myself, alongside some of Wales’ other great fighters like Joe Calzaghe, Nathan Cleverly, Gavin Rees and Lee Selby.
“For me to put my name alongside those former world champions will be massive.
“He is a tall and rangy southpaw so he is going to come out poking and picking at the start and make the beginning a challenge.
“But then I am going to get on him, break him down and stop him. I think anytime after rounds six or seven I will be able to stop him.”
Source: Read Full Article