Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Pogba new contract, Haaland £64m release clause LATEST, Sancho full DEBUT vs Saints

Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Pogba new contract, Haaland £64m release clause LATEST, Sancho full DEBUT vs Saints

MAN UTD have reportedly made Kylian Mbappe their top striker target after drawing up a list of four world class forwards.

The Red Devils are not expected to move for the Frenchman this summer but are said to be willing to meet his high wage demands to sign him for free next summer.

Erling Haaland, whose £64m release clause kicks in on September 1, Harry Kane and Lautaro Martinez are also being looked at.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

Get all the latest Man Utd news, updates and transfer gossip here…

  • Jake Lambourne

    OLE TRAFFORD

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Jurgen Klopp to mind his own business and get with the times.

    Manchester United boss Solskjaer hit back after his Anfield rival questioned how he has been able to fund a £119.7million spend on Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane.

    Klopp, who has only brought in defender Ibrahima Konate for £36m, has condemned “no limits” spending in the transfer market this summer.

    But Solskjaer hit back: “We are a well-run club. We do have a lot of fans out there and we do have good sponsorship deals.

    “How we get the money, as a manager you want more and more. I have heard 'no' a few times.

    “How other clubs run their clubs, there are different models at different clubs.”

  • Jake Lambourne

    MORNING MAN UTD FANS

    Paul Pogba will not be sold before the end of the transfer window, with Manchester United determined to tie him down to a new deal.

    The French World Cup-winning star is out of contract next summer and Paris Saint-Germain are keen to sign him.

    SunSport revealed on Tuesday that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is confident the midfielder, 28, will pen a new deal.

    Solskjaer declared: “I expect him to be here when September 1 comes.”

    In more transfer news, Amad Diallo looks destined to leave Manchester United on loan this summer but he reportedly only wants to join a Premier League club.

    That would rule out Sheffield United and Atalanta, who are said to be interested.

    Instead, the young winger could join Crystal Palace, according to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano.

    But there are believed to be several other clubs chasing Diallo, who dropped down the pecking order following Jadon Sancho’s arrival at Old Trafford.

    Elsewhere, Chelsea could hijack Manchester United’s attempts to sign Saul Niguez, according to Fabrizio Romano.

    Saul’s future is in serious doubt as Atletico need to raise money from player sales to balance the books and it appears they’re willing to cash-in following the arrival of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese earlier in the summer.

    United reportedly held talk with the Spaniard’s agent earlier this month about a possible move to Old Trafford.

    But now Chelsea could swoop for Saul with Thomas Tuchel allegedly keen to bolster his midfield options.

  • Kealan Hughes

    STAYING PUT

    Paul Pogba will not be sold before the end of the transfer window, with Manchester United determined to tie him down to a new deal.

    The French World Cup-winning star is out of contract next summer and Paris Saint-Germain are keen to sign him.

    SunSport revealed on Tuesday that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is confident the midfielder, 28, will pen a new deal.

    And the Old Trafford boss has now confirmed the club will NOT cash in before deadline day on August 31.

    Solskjaer declared: “I expect him to be here when September 1 comes.”

    The Norwegian admitted getting Pogba to commit his future to the club is his next big mission.

  • Kealan Hughes

    CONTRACT TALK

    Manchester United are still involved in talks to renew the contracts of Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba.

    Fernandes is reportedly willing to extend his current deal but is yet to reach an agreement over his new salary.

    United are also in contact with Mino Raiola, Pogba's agent, according to Fabrizio Romano.

  • Kealan Hughes

    MORE ON DIALLO

    Amad Diallo looks destined to leave Manchester United on loan this summer but he reportedly only wants to join a Premier League club.

    That would rule out Sheffield United and Atalanta, who are said to be interested.

    Instead, the young winger could join Crystal Palace, according to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano.

    But there are believed to be several other clubs chasing Diallo, who dropped down the pecking order following Jadon Sancho's arrival at Old Trafford.

  • Kealan Hughes

    AGENT POGBA

    Sky Sports pundit Micah Richards believes Raphael Varane would not have made the move to Manchester United without first speaking to fellow countryman Paul Pogba.

    Varane became the club's second statement signing of the summer following on from the arrival of Jadon Sancho from German giants Borussia Dortmund in July.

    In his column for the Daily Mail, Richards said: "Ask yourself this: would Raphael Varane have come to Manchester without speaking to Pogba?

    "That would have been the first call Varane made when he was leaving Real Madrid – if Pogba had expressed any misgivings, you can imagine his compatriot would most likely have waited for Paris Saint-Germain."

  • Kealan Hughes

    RAM RAID

    Manchester United reportedly turned down the chance to sign Aaron Ramsey earlier this summer in a deal that would have seen Nemanja Matic move in the opposite direction to Juventus.

    Ramsey's future in Turin continues to be called into question, with the Wales international thought to be available for transfer in the current window.

    Matic, meanwhile, still has two years left to run on his deal at Old Trafford, but the 33-year-old is down the pecking order when it comes to starting positions in the Man United midfield.

    According to journalist Duncan Castles, the 20-time English champions were offered the opportunity to sign Ramsey with Matic moving the other way, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's rejected the proposal.

  • Kealan Hughes

    SAUL SWOOP

    Chelsea could hijack Manchester United’s attempts to sign Saul Niguez, according to Fabrizio Romano.

    Saul's future is in serious doubt as Atletico need to raise money from player sales to balance the books and it appears they’re willing to cash-in following the arrival of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese earlier in the summer.

    United reportedly held talk with the Spaniard's agent earlier this month about a possible move to Old Trafford.

    But now Chelsea could swoop for Saul with Thomas Tuchel allegedly keen to bolster his midfield options.

  • Kealan Hughes

    STATS PACK

    Manchester United travel to Southampton on Sunday, where they have not lost in then league games (D4 W6), despite the Saints taking the lead in six of those matches.

    Adam Armstrong can become the third player to score in his first two Premier League matches for Southampton, after Manolo Gabbiadini in 2017 and Henri Camara in 2005.

    If they avoid defeat, United would equal Arsenal's top-flight record of 27 successive unbeaten away matches, set between April 2003 and September 2004.

    In the last clash between the two United beat Southampton 9-0, the joint-biggest Premier League victory in history.

  • Kealan Hughes

    MAD ABOUT DIALLO

    Atalanta are reportedly keen to re-sign Amad Diallo on loan from Manchester United this summer.

    Diallo has been strongly linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer, and a number of clubs are thought to be keen to take him on loan for the 2021-22 campaign.

    According to Tutto Atalanta, Atalanta want the Ivory Coast international to return to the club before the window closes for business.

    Red Devils boss Solskjaer said on Friday that the teenager – allegedly a leading target for Sheffield United – would only leave the club if the right opportunity arrived.

  • Kealan Hughes

    'CHONG WILL TEAR YOU APART'

    Lee Bowyer has hailed Manchester United loan star Tahith Chong as 'beautiful to watch' after his scintillating showing in Birmingham City's 5-0 win over Luton Town.

    Chong put in a five-star performance at Kenilworth Road and the 21-year-old is fast becoming a favourite with Blues supporters and a new terrace chant of 'Chong will tear you apart again' blared out from the away end in Luton.

    Bowyer said of his performance against Luton: "He glides past people doesn’t he, with ease. It’s beautiful to watch for me as manager, and for the supporters, whether he’s in your team or the opposite team.

    "He’s a talented boy, but he’s a talented boy that’s learning. The first half, the first 20 minutes before they changed shape, I thought he let them off the hook a little bit.

    "He learned today. It’s just recognising when to dribble, when to pass and when to shoot and that’s why he’s here on loan with us."

  • Kealan Hughes

    LINGARD FUTURE

    Manchester United could enquire about Declan Rice if West Ham try and sign Jesse Lingard, according to reports.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted any new signings at Old Trafford will be a ‘bonus’ after snapping up Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane so far. But, despite that stance, the Red Devils remain open to further acquisitions.

    The Telegraph claim that, if West Ham try and sign Lingard, United may enquire about Rice being included in a possible swap deal.

  • Kealan Hughes

    HAA-RD LUCK

    Manchester United transfer target Erling Haaland has been warned that staying at Borussia Dortmund this summer will result in a ‘wasted year’ of his career.

    Dortmund, who saw Jadon Sancho move to Old Trafford this summer, stumbled to a 2-1 defeat at Freiburg on Saturday, following a 3-1 loss to Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

    The Norwegian striker has plenty of suitors in the transfer market but currently seems set to remain with the Bundesliga giants.

    Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Man City are among those credited with an interest in the centre-forward.

    Haaland has been widely touted with moving clubs next summer given that a release clause will be activated which could see him transferred for under £70million.

  • Kealan Hughes

    OWEN PREDICTS

    Michael Owen believes Manchester United will continue their impressive start to the Premier League season.

    They travel to Southampton on Sunday and the former Liverpool and United striker thinks the Red Devils will pick up where they left off last time out, predicting a 3-1 win over the Saints.

    Owen wrote in his BetVictor colum: “Manchester United looked outstanding in that home win over Leeds. Don’t get me wrong, I think Leeds made it easy for them but some of United‘s play was superb.

    “Pogba and Fernandes were sensational and created chance after chance.

    “I was glad to see Greenwood on the scoresheet and believe that he really could become a world-class striker. United are still to add Sancho and Varane to the starting eleven so they are looking good at the moment.

    "I can’t see anything but a United win here. They looked in great form last week and I fancy them to exploit what is an error-prone Saints defence."

  • Kealan Hughes

    DEPAY DRAMA

    Barcelona forward Memphis Depay has spoken about his torrid two year spell at Old Trafford.

    He's glad he made the move away from Old Trafford, especially when players from his own team were asking him why he wasn't starting.

    Depay told El Periodico: "Jose Mourinho came and I fought to get into the team but I think the idea of giving me a chance was never in his head. He never gave me an opportunity. Never.

    "I went to his office but it changed nothing. It was a very difficult period, I felt that I was training well and the players themselves did not understand it.

    "[Paul] Pogba and Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] told me: 'Why don't you ever play?' For me that was the confirmation that I had no chance.

    "And I realised that I didn't want to be in a big club without playing."

  • Jake Lambourne

    FED UP

    Declan Rice plans to run down his West Ham contract as he is reportedly unhappy with his £100million price tag.

    The midfielder, 22, has been the subject of interest from Chelsea and Manchester United this summer.

    And although the England star is willing to give his all for the Hammers, he is bemused by the club asking for so much money.

    Rice has three years remaining on his current deal and he plans not to renew, according to The Telegraph.

    The report states Rice is ambitious and eager to win trophies, which he may find difficult to accomplish at the London Stadium.

    David Moyes has made only one signing this summer – goalkeeper Alphonse Areola – which is also believed to have frustrated Rice.

  • Jake Lambourne

    FER REAL

    Rio Ferdinand would have left Arsene Wenger with a big selection headache, had he signed for Arsenal in 2014.

    He told his YouTube channel: “The maddest thing is I thought about [joining] Arsenal.

    “I said, ‘Arsene, listen, I am leaving Man United and if you want, I will come and try and help the dressing room etc. because I think you need help in that department’.

    “‘I will obviously play but, more importantly, I will come for the culture’.

    “He didn’t take me up on the offer and he was right because my performances at QPR weren’t up to the levels.

    “But in the changing room, I believe I could have helped him, because that is where a lot of the culture derives from.”

  • Jake Lambourne

    NOT SO S-MART

    Anthony Martial is NOT a fan of his new look.

    Watch the clip below of the Frenchman describing his bold haircut.

    View this post on Instagram

    A post shared by Manchester United (@manchesterunited)

  • Jake Lambourne

    GUNNAR SIGN MORE

    Manchester United still want to make one more signing this summer but need to sell first, according to reports.

    The Red Devils have enjoyed a busy transfer window, adding Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Tom Heaton to their star-studded squad.

    According to the Manchester Evening News, United are exploring the possibility of signing another midfielder before the end of August.

    Doubts have been raised about the strength of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s midfield, with many unconvinced by Fred and Scott McTominay.

    There are also huge question marks over Paul Pogba’s future, with the Frenchman entering the final year of his Old Trafford contract.

    And some believe Nemanja Matic’s best days are behind him after the ex-Chelsea star turned 33 last month.

    It’s believed United would like to bring in another top-class player but need to shift some deadwood before they can do anymore business.

  • Jake Lambourne

    CRIS CROSS

    Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will be staying at the club.

    The Man Utd legend has been linked with a return to Old Trafford, as well as moves to join Real Madrid and PSG.

    With just one year left on his contract in Turin, it has been rumoured that Ronaldo could seek a new challenge.

    However Allegri has rubbished those reports, as he said: "Cristiano told me he’s staying at Juventus.

    "He’s not leaving the club and it was never a problem, he’s training so well."

  • Jake Lambourne

    LU BEAUTY

    David Luiz has emerged as a transfer target for Flamengo with the club reportedly looking to link him up with Man Utd star Andreas Pereira, who has joined on loan.

    Brazilian news outlet Globo reports the club have made contact with Luiz’s representatives. 

    The Daily Mail claims the player – who has 57 Brazil international caps – has had meetings with Flamengo’s football director Bruno Spindel and vice president Marcos Braz. 

    It is thought the duo are keen on strengthening their ranks by bringing some of football’s biggest names to the Marcarana. 

    And Globo claims the financial details of a contract has already been agreed upon.

    However, it is thought Luiz, who is currently residing in Brazil, wants to have more time to weigh up his options.

  • Jake Lambourne

    DIM VIEW

    Former Man Utd striker Dimitar Berbatov believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side will outclass Southampton at St Mary's on Sunday.

    The Red Devils icon if of the opinion that United will ease to a 4-1 win on the south coast.

    Speaking to the Metro, he said: "Based on what Man United did in their opening game, I have big expectations of them.

    "For Southampton, they will have to keep up the tempo this season, otherwise they will be in trouble.

    "I don’t see the Saints getting anything from this though."

  • Jake Lambourne

    IRN BRU

    Relax Man Utd fans and watch Bruno Fernandes' fantastic hat-trick against Leeds last week.

  • Jake Lambourne

    RAF THAT

    Former Man Utd defender Rafael da Silva has revealed what current player at the club he loves watching.

    Like many other United fans, the defender singled out Bruno Fernandes.

    Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: “He is crazy. When he came to Manchester United everyone knew he was a good player, but not that good.

    “He’s been amazing. It’s fun to watch him play. He’s a very clever player.

    “I love watching him play for United.”

  • Jake Lambourne

    TCHOU OF CLASS

    Man Utd are interested in signing French midfield sensation Aurelien Tchouameni, according to reports.

    Transfer guru Duncan Castles said: “He [Tchouameni] is an obvious fit for Manchester United if the change in midfield happens that we’ve been talking about for so long, which is that Paul Pogba doesn’t sign a new contract at Man Utd or is sold this summer.

    “Again, most likely avenue for that to happen is Paris Saint-Germain at present.

    “Then you bring in Tchouameni who would certainly be much lower maintenance than Pogba, should be more consistent in his performance.

    “If they have that space in their squad created by Pogba, then Tchouameni is one of the options to replace.

    “He would be cheaper than options like Declan Rice, who has been mentioned as an option for them. I’m told Monaco value him at around €40m [£34m].”

    Source: Read Full Article