- Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney confirmed their takeover of Welsh soccer team Wrexham AFC with a hilarious video promoting the club's sponsor, which sells horse trailers.
- The Hollywood pair were confirmed as the club's new owners on Monday, with 98.6% of the club's supporter's trust voting in favour of their takeover.
- "Not sure what to get your special someone this holiday?" began McElhenney in a video posted to Wrexham's Twitter.
- "Try, Ifor Williams Trailers," added Reynolds. "Nothing says I'm thinking about you, or your horse, like Ifor Williams Trailers."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney confirmed their takeover of Welsh soccer team Wrexham AFC with a hilarious video promoting the club's sponsor, which sells horse trailers.
The Hollywood pair pitched their takeover plans to the club's supporter's trust last week, detailing how they wanted to make the National League side a "global force."
On Monday, 98.6% of the Wrexham supporters trust's members voted in favour of the takeover, later releasing a statement saying it wished Reynolds and McElhenney "the very best of luck in charge." It added that it looks forward to what the future holds.
Following the news, Wrexham posted a video message from its new owners to its official Twitter page.
"Not sure what to get your special someone this holiday?" began McElhenney, with Reynolds adding: "Tired of them opening the same old scarf or sweater? Try, Ifor Williams Trailers."
McElhenney continued: "Ifor Williams Trailers has been Britain's leading trailer manufacturer for over 60 years."
"Nothing says I'm thinking about you, or your horse, like Ifor Williams Trailers," said Reynolds.
The duo went on to explain that there was a reason they were pitching horse trailers as potential Christmas presents.
"We just became owners of Wrexham AFC, and they are our team sponsor," said McElhenney. "You may have never heard of Wrexham, The Racecourse ground, or Ifor Williams, but you will.
"So to the Wrexham supporter's trust, thank you, for your faith and trust in us."
"We are humbled and we're already getting to work," Reynolds added, before laughing and concluding: "Oh s—, this is really happening."
Source: Read Full Article