TURKEY has been named the top selling holiday destination for 2022 by Easyjet Holidays.
Despite the country being on the red list, Brits are booking up trips for next year, with week long breaks from £147 per person.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Speaking to TravelWeekly, Brad Bennetts, Head of Distribution at Easyjet Holidays said that Turkey was the number one most booked destination for 2022, with the resort of Antalya proving particularly popular.
He also reported that four-star all-inclusive hotels and family trips were some of the most booked trips and that bookings for next year are already surging, with the months of September and October leading the way.
Turkey is currently on the red list, but there's hope of it being moved to the amber list in the next travel review, which takes place next week.
If you're keen to plan ahead with a break to Turkey next year, we've found some cheap deals:
- First Choice Holidays SavinMagic Life Bodrum all-inclusive 7-nights Adults and 1st child FREE offer from £499
- TUI Blue Grand Azur 7-nights all-inclusive from £499pp
- TUI Sundia Hisaronu By Liberty Hotel 7-Nights from £299pp
- Jet2 Holidays Blue Palace Hotel, Marmaris 7-nights from £369pp
- Jet2 Holidays Destina Hotel, Ovacik 7-nights all-inclusive from £458pp
- Jet2 Holidays FREE child place holidays from £260pp
- Thomas Cook Sun City Apartments, Antalya 7-nights from £147pp
- Thomas Cook 4* Eftalia Splash Resort all-inclusive 7-nights from £286pp
- Thomas Cook 5* Aska Laura Resort & Spa 7-nights from £499pp
- Easyjet Holidays Club Atrium Hotel, Marmaris 7-nights from £273pp
- Easyjet Holidays Mirage World Resort, Icmeler 7-nights from £379pp
There are high hopes for Turkey moving from the red to amber list this week, after a drop in Covid cases.
Travellers returning to the UK from Turkey currently have to quarantine in a hotel for ten days, but a switch to amber would mean no quarantine at all for children and fully vaccinated Brits.
According to The Times, Test and Trace Figures show that 1.7 per cent of people tested positive for Covid on return from Turkey in the last three weeks – the same as those arriving from Spain.
Of those cases, there were between 0-3 recorded cases of variants of concern, like the Beta variant.
Data analyst Tim White believes that Turkey is a '"borderline candidate" for being moved to the amber list, but cited the reluctance to do so because of the lack of reliability of their data, and said that it was likely the UK was "suspicious" of the figures.
This week’s best deals on holidays abroad
- First Choice slashes £100 off holidays including to Corfu, Ibiza, Tenerife
- Winter sun holidays: Where’s hot in December and January?
- Where’s hot in October and November? We’ve found short haul holidays from £202pp
- British Airways are offering up to £200 off Dubai, France and Germany holidays
- Travelzoo’s top holiday deals – UK breaks from £59 & foreign trips from £79
- Dubai holidays from £492pp as the UAE is moved from red to amber list
If you're looking for more foreign holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
Source: Read Full Article