Brie happy, it’s Christmas! £149 Welsh CHEESE advent calendar comes loaded with 9lb of food
- The Welsh Cheese Company has launched a whopping £149 calendar for 2021
- Contains 24 200g pieces of cheese for December, including feta and Caerffili
- Each individual triangle measures 20inches wide by 13inches tall and has been designed to be placed in a fridge separately for storage
A Welsh cheese company has launched a £149 advent calendar, measuring more than a metre wide.
Packed with 24 individual 200g portions of artisan Welsh cheese, the calendar from The Welsh Cheese Company contains everything from creamy soft cheeses that would rival any French Brie, to punchy, crowd-pleasing Cheddars and lip-smacking blues.
Containing 9lb of food, the extravagant advent calendar is made up of four separate triangles.
Each individual triangle measures 20in wide by 13in tall and has been designed to be placed in a fridge separately for storage.
The Welsh Cheese company has launched a giant advent calendar with 4.2kg (9lbs) of cheese
When the triangles are arranged together to create a Christmas-tree-shape, the calendar measures up at more than a metre wide and is thought to be the biggest foodie calendar on the market for 2021.
Cheese advent calendars became popular five years ago after food blogger Annem Hobson, 32, from London, who runs food blog So Wrong It’s Nom, created the Cheese Calendar, UK’s first ever cheese advent calendar, after growing frustrated at the lack of festive savoury offerings at the supermarkets.
Since its debut in 2017, more than 700,000 Cheese Advent Calendars have been sold in 14 countries, and its become Amazon’s top 10 best selling Christmas gifts in 2019.
Say cheese! The contents of the advent calendar in full
1. Cenarth Brie – Rich and Creamy Brie style Cheese (200g)
2 . Bouncing Berry – Mature Cheddar Cheese with Sweetened Dried Cranberries (200g)
3. Heb Enw – Goats Cheese (120g)
4. Cryf – Extra Mature Cheddar (200g)
5. Angiddy – Soft Brie-Style Cheese (150g)
6. Red Storm – Vintage Red Leicester (200g)
7. Tysilio – Goats Cheese (180g)
8. Harlech – Cheddar with Horseradish and Parsley (150g)
9. Beechwood – Naturally Smoked Mature Cheddar (200g)
10. Perl Wen – Creamy White-Rinded Cheese (200g)
11. Organic Halloumi (180g)
12. Caws Preseli – Soft White-Rinded Cheese (200g)
13. Truffle Trove – Extra Mature Cheddar with Black Summer Truffle (150g)
14. Black Sheep – Creamy Sheeps Cheese ( 150g)
15. Tintern – Cheddar with Onions, Chives and Shallots (150g)
16. Ffetys – Feta Style Cheese (120g)
17. Ffili – Light, Creamy Organic Caerffili (200g)
18. Smoked Heb Enw – Goats Cheese (120g)
19. Drewi Sant – Mead-Washed Medium-Soft Cheese (200g)
20. Ruby Mist – Mature Cheddar with Port and Brandy (200g)
21. Y Fenni – Cheddar with Wholegrain Mustard and Ale (150g)
22. Smoked Cerwyn – Oak-Smoked Cheddar (200g)
23. Black Bomber – Extra Mature Cheddar (200g)
24. Perl Las – Creamy Blue-Veined Cheese (200g)
Now other companies are cashing in on their popularity.
Tom Pinder, founder of The Welsh Cheese Company, told FEMAIL: ‘Our mission is to celebrate and champion delicious Welsh cheeses from artisan cheesemakers all over Wales, so we thought it would be wonderful to bring a whole range of them together in a giant advent calendar.
‘Whilst four kilos of cheese does sound like a bit of a bonkers amount, everything in the calendar would last until at least the new year so it’s perfect if you are planning a big get-together over Christmas or on New Year’s Eve; it’s an advent calendar that’s definitely made for sharing.’
There is also a Mini Welsh Cheese Advent Calendar, which contains a selection of six Welsh cheeses and weighs a total of 1.2 kilograms (2lb10oz), costs £38.
Source: Read Full Article