Brian Laundrie's abandoned Ford Mustang was found 16 MILES from Carlton Reserve where parents claim he went hiking

Brian Laundrie's abandoned Ford Mustang was found 16 MILES from Carlton Reserve where parents claim he went hiking

BRIAN Laundrie's abandoned Ford Mustang was found 16 miles from the Carlton Reserve, where his parents claim he went hiking the last time they saw him.

The redacted abandoned vehicle report from September 14 shows that Brian's car was found at 6968 Reisterstown Road in the Myakkahatchee Environmental Park in Florida.



This revelation comes a day after Brian's parents changed the timeline of events they had originally shared with police.

According to a statement released by the family's attorney Steven Bertolino on Tuesday, Brian actually "left to hike in the preserve" on Monday, September 13, not Tuesday, September 14 as his parents originally stated.

Bertolino wrote in a text response to anchor Josh Benson from WFLA in Florida, that "The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events.”

"After consulting with the FBI and confirming the day Brian’s Mustang was found and returned to the Laundries’ home," Bertolino wrote, “we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday September 13."

When the parents reported Brian missing on September 17, they told police they only grew concerned between 24 to 48 hours after their son failed to return from the hike.

Previous reports said the Laundries claimed they drove up to the 25,000-acre park, spotted Brian's car, and drove it home after finding a note on the windshield left by police asking for it to be removed from the area.

Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the very latest news and updates…

It's not clear why the search has been focused on Carlton reserve if the Mustang was found in the Myakkahatchee park, but it's worth noting that the two parks are connected through a 12 mile trail, as reported by Your Tango.

Police have been scouring the vast reserve in Sarasota County after Brian's parents reported him missing.

They had previously towed Brian's car from his parents' home in North Port after they executed a search warrant on September 20.

Meanwhile, Brian's father Christopher Laundrie has announced he will join the search for his 23-year-old son.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino told Newsday on Wednesday.

"Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

Brian is wanted by the FBI because he allegedly took Gabby Petito's debit card and spent $1,000 to return to Florida without her on September 1.

Petito family lawyer Richard Stafford claimed on Tuesday that Brian “stole her credit [debit per warrent] card. 

“He used her credit card to get home and then ran from the police.”



We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at exclusive@the-sun.com or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article