THE NATIONAL Lottery results are in and it's time to find out who has won a life-changing amount of money tonight (January 8, 2022).
Could tonight's jackpot of £7.7million see you handing in your notice, jetting off to the Bahamas or driving a new Porsche off a garage forecourt?
You can find out by checking your ticket against tonight's numbers belowGood luck!
Tonight's National Lottery Lotto winning numbers are: 21, 28, 33, 36, 43, 46 and the Bonus Ball is 27.
Tonight’s National Lottery Thunderball winning numbers are: 10, 15, 26, 27, 38 and the Thunderball is 13.
The first National Lottery draw was held on November 19 1994 when seven winners shared a jackpot of £5,874,778.
The largest amount ever to be won by a single ticket holder was £42million, won in 1996.
Gareth Bull, a 49-year-old builder, won £41million in November, 2020 and ended up knocking down his bungalow to make way for a luxury manor house with a pool.
TOP 5 BIGGEST LOTTERY WINS ACROSS THE WORLD
- £1.308 billion (Powerball) on January 13 2016 in the US, for which three winning tickets were sold, remains history’s biggest lottery prize
- £1.267 billion (Mega Million) a winner from South Carolina took their time to come forward to claim their prize in March 2019 not long before the April deadline
- £633.76 million (Powerball draw) from a winner from Wisconsin
- £625.76 million (Powerball) Mavis L. Wanczyk of Chicopee, Massachusetts claimed the jackpot in August 2017
- £575.53 million (Powerball) A lucky pair of winners scooped the jackpot in Iowa and New York in October 2018
Sue Davies, 64, bought a lottery ticket to celebrate ending five months of shielding during the pandemic — and won £500,000.
Sandra Devine, 36, accidentally won £300k – she intended to buy her usual £100 National Lottery Scratchcard, but came home with a much bigger prize.
Most read in The Sun
LAURA MARRIAGE SPLIT
A Place In The Sun's Laura Hamilton reveals shock split from husband
LAURA MARRIAGE SPLIT
Djokovic seen smiling at event with kids day AFTER testing positive with Covid
I text my dead sister’s number and I couldn’t believe the response I got
Sinead O’Connor’s teen son Shane dies as she pays tribute to ‘light of my life’
The biggest jackpot ever to be up for grabs was £66million in January last year, which was won by two lucky ticket holders.
Another winner, Karl managed to bag £11million aged just 23 in 1996.
The odds of winning the lottery are estimated to be about one in 14million – BUT you've got to be in it to win it.
Source: Read Full Article