Second 14-year-old boy arrested over murder of schoolboy Keon Lincoln, 15, 'stabbed and shot' in ambush attack

Second 14-year-old boy arrested over murder of schoolboy Keon Lincoln, 15, 'stabbed and shot' in ambush attack

A SECOND 14-year-old boy has been arrested over the murder of a teenager who was "stabbed and shot" during an ambush attack near his home.

Keon Lincoln, 15, was murdered in Handsworth, West Midlands, in broad daylight on Thursday.



Police said Keon was attacked with weapons and are urging anyone with information to get in contact.

Another 14-year-old boy who was arrested on Friday morning remains in custody, while police continue to probe the motive behind the horror.

It is understood the victim was shot in the stomach before he was knifed and left bleeding on the road outside his home.

The suspects fled the scene in a white Ford C-Max, which crashed into a house a short distance away.

A source said: “This was a gangland execution that was pre-planned. The poor lad did not stand a chance.”

Detective Chief Inspector Alastair Orencas, from the force’s homicide unit, said: "This is a challenging investigation given the number of offenders we believe were involved, but I have a dedicated team of officers working 24/7 to identify those involved and we are making swift progress.

'GANGLAND EXECUTION'

"This arrest is another step forward and Keon’s family have been fully updated with this latest development.

"My thoughts remain with them in their time of grief."

Keon's grieving family has paid tribute to the teen, saying he had been "senselessly taken" from them.

In a statement, they said: "Keon was a fun loving 15-year-old who was full of life and love for his family and friends. He had an infectious laugh that lit up the room whenever he was in it."

They thanked the public for their support and asked anyone with information to come forward to "bring justice for Keon".

Neighbours say the Keon's mum, who works as a cleaner at a local school and has four other kids, is devastated by the tragedy.


One resident, a family friend who wished to remain anonymous, said: "It's just so sad.

"He got shot first and then they stabbed him quite a few times.

"He's just a young boy and hasn't gone anywhere in life yet, and his life is gone."

Another neighbour said: "They all seem like nice kids.

"The mum is inconsolable apparently, but that goes without saying. You can't imagine the pain she must be going through right now."

Detectives were called to Linwood Road in the Handsworth area of the city just after 3.30pm on Thursday.

Paramedics rushed Keon to hospital but despite the efforts of medics, he couldn't be saved.

Detectives said Keon's death has "shocked the whole community" as they called for members of the public to come forward with information.

Mr Orencas said: “We are determined to apprehend those responsible for his death and bring them to justice, so I would personally appeal to anyone who is withholding information out of misguided loyalty to the offenders, to come forward.

"A teenage boy has died in the most violent of circumstances and we urge you to give us any information you have.”





DCI Orencas said on Thursday: “This level of violence in broad daylight on a residential street is inconceivable, let alone the fact that the target was a 15-year-old boy.

“We are leaving no stone unturned in our search for those responsible and I ask anyone who knows who they are to contact us.

“The family of the boy has had the worst shock imaginable and we have specialist officers with them in their time of grief."

The force's Chief Superintendent Ian Green also spoke of his fury at the horror.

In a tweet, he said: "People will know who did this!

"15 years old… a child… please – no one deserves to be defended or covered for this.

"If you know anything, then do the right thing and let us know.

"It's heartbreaking – a child gone and a family devastated.

"We have to work together to end this disease on our streets."

Violence like this on our streets is heartbreaking and deeply concerning

Witnesses have also spoken of their horror.

Zuzanna Wozinak, 21, said: "You just cannot fathom that people that young can be involved in something this horrifically violent.

"I didn't see what happened, but I was told they just jumped this lad out of the blue. Some had guns and some had knives.

"It is the stuff of nightmares, of gangster movies. It's terrifying.

"My heart goes out to that poor boy's family. The violence seems to be getting worse on our streets – it is becoming lawless around here."

Another resident, who did not want to be named, added: "I no longer feel safe walking around here even in the daytime.

"There's running gang wars and the police are nowhere to be seen until something like this happens.

"He was just a 15-year-old. He was a baby. How can this happen?"

Forensics officers were seen on Thursday night and Friday morning combing the area for clues as police officers conducted house-to-house enquiries.

The abandoned getaway car was also being examined.

A spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said: “We received a number of calls to Linwood Road in Handsworth, at 3.39pm.

“Three ambulances, a paramedic officer, a critical care paramedic and a  emergency doctor attended and arrived on scene to find a male requiring emergency treatment.

“Ambulance crews provided advanced trauma care on scene before conveying him to hospital on blue lights.”

Anyone who saw what happened is urged to contact police urgently on 101. Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.


Source: Read Full Article